SENIOR SALES DIRECTOR
Outsourced Compound Management Services
High profile scientific sales position meeting directly with all levels of pre-clinical Research and Development community to identify potential collaborations and new business opportunities. Presents Frontier Scientific service capabilities to potential clients and reviews client operational requirements to elicit potential sales. Understands the business and scientific processes of pre-clinical research, with a comprehensive knowledge of chemistry, screening, automation, and early discovery procedures. This position requires a specific in-depth knowledge of compound management, sample preparation, storage and distribution, and all relevant laboratory practices.
- Identifies clients from scientific literature, conferences, referrals, and industry networking. Represents FSI at key exhibitions and functions. Stays current with industry company/organizational changes and trends.
- Travels to client sites for direct meetings or meets via teleconference to discuss project specifics and give presentations of FSI capabilities.
- Develops proposals to meet client needs, understanding costing and pricing considerations for quotations of specific discovery tasks.
- Defines client requirements in functional specification documentation, liaising and interpreting between client and FSI Operations staff. Adjusts project scope and pricing as necessary, with the ability to offer value added services to client and increase FSI revenue.
- Works with FSI Sales VP / marketing personnel to identify advertising and other marketing opportunities, including booth, brochure and website design and content, and identifies appropriate trade shows for attendance and co-marketing opportunities.
- Hosts client site visits and facilities tours. Brings in appropriate management and operations personnel for existing or potential projects leading discussions and review. Assigns action items.
- Drafts scientific reports, sales reports, forecasts, and updates; maintains revenue projections and expense accounting reports. Meets with executive management, SAB, and research services departments upon as needed to identify new business development opportunities. Writes or reviews contracts, service agreements, and confidentiality agreements prior to submission to corporate counsel. Negotiates contracts and quotations with deference to client and FSI operational budgetary requirements.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written, with knowledge of scientific and legal terminology.
- Energetic, outgoing, and passionate about profession and company attributes, able to maintain fast paced life-style.
- Good time-management skills. Self-motivated and can work independently.
- Full understanding of discovery life cycle, budgetary considerations, and processes.
- Hands on pharmaceutical lab experience, direct or indirect sales experience.
Education and Experience:
- BA, BS, MS and/or PhD preferred
- 5 – 10 years pharmaceutical industry lab experience
- 5 – 10 years scientific sales experience
- Commensurate with experience.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested or fill out the form below: